Thursday, May 02, 2013

Baby Art Quilt

Today I'd like to share a little art quilt I made for baby Elliot. Elliot's mama, my dear friend Corinne, made him a beautiful pinwheel quilt before he was born. I'll have to write a post later on that quilt - it was Corinne's first adventure into quilt making and we had a great time with it!

I inherited the scraps from Elliot's quilt, including two extra blocks. From the scraps I made this cute little wall hanging.





Yes, he is quickly approaching four months old now, but I've been learning how to do free-motion quilting in that time. I don't think this would be the same without the little "wiggle wiggle spiral" quilting in the pinwheels. Plus, the big letters were all free-motioned on. Other than discovering a brand of thread I hate and will never buy again, this was a fun and easy project! Even hand-stitching the rest of his name and his birth stats into the bottom was simple.

1 comment: